What is the difference between ODM & OEM of cosmetic manufacturer?
ODM and OEM are acronyms that are the buzzwords in the manufacturing sector. ODM stands for Original Design Manufacturer and OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. While many people confuse between the two terms and use them interchangeably, they are not quite the same. OEMs manufacture product based on design specification provided to them, while ODMs also design the product themselves before manufacturing them. Let’s understand the difference between the two in more detail by understanding them one by one.
Wathoothorn is One Stop Service OEM/ODM Manufacturer. We have R&D and cosmetic specialist to develop your formula. We service producing, filling, testing packaging, testing compatibility, testing stability. Assure that you will get the high quality standard products. Moreover, we also design logo& packaging for your brand, shooting photo of your brand in the production, design banner for customer’s marketing. We also provide you marketing courses that you will learn how to branding and selling cosmetic effectively.
ODM (Original Design Manufacturer)
- Meaning : ODMs or Original Design Manufacturers are companies which create new product designs and specifications based on the product idea brief provided by the factory. In most cases, ODMs also manufacture the product they design and their clients get the products branded in their own name and sell it them in the market. ( source : https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-ODM-and-OEM )
- We have cosmetics ready for ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) customers with small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- Just choose the packaging and you are ready to build your own brand. Quantity options range from 1 Kg., 5 Kg., 10 Kg., 20 Kg., to 50 Kg.
- Our ODM Product you can choose from https://www.wathoothorn.com/en/product
OEM ( Origianl Equipment Manufacturer)
- Meaning : OEMs are companies which manufacture products based on the product design and specifications provided by their client. The client does all the market research, R&D and develops its own product. ( Source : https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-ODM-and-OEM )
- Wathoothorn offers planning services for large quantity manufacturing and filling to serve OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers in order to deliver and stock their products in 7-11’s or your stores’ inventories. Our state-of-the-art machines and equipment guarantee to deliver accurate product profiles on schedule, so that you will not lose trading opportunities.
The process of OEM
- 1. Pay 5,000 THB per 1 product to start project developing new formula.
- 2. Brief ideas and give refernces to our R&D to Develop product.
- 3. Test the result from samples that R&D developed.
- 4. Edit 2 times or confirm product formula after customer is satisfied by result and price.
- 5. Make a payment with MOQ on agreement.
- 6. Asking for FDA , design packaging and label.
- 7. Production time
- 8. Customer receive finished goods.
Wathoothorn is OEM/ODM manufacturer that produce cosmetics, skin care, lipstick, make up, oral care, hair care, spa products and amenity. We provide our best both Standard formulas which are called ODM for customer to choose and do their own brands, and Developed formula based on customer’s needs on their concept and budget.